The problem we are battling is obesity. Who is obese? More than 70 percent of the adult Bahamian population according to researchers. You are obese When your BMI (Body Mass Index) exceeds 30. The problem with this development is that OBESITY puts you at increased risk for premature death, lost quality of life, reduced productivity and many diseases and health conditions including diabetes and hypertension.
DISEASES CAUSED BY OBESITY INCLUDE:
- Coronary Artery Disease, Heart Attacks
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Cancers (Endometrial, Breast, Prostate and Colon)
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- High Total Cholesterol and or Stroke
- Liver and Gallbladder Disease
- Sleep Apnea and Respiratory Problems
- Degeneration of Cartilage & Joint Pain
- Swollen legs and skin problems
- Gynecological Problems
- Poor Image and Low Self-Esteem
So, if you are OBESE, what do you do to regain control of your health and lose the weight?